Can Your Mantra Change Your Life?
Anything is possible right?
So it’s safe to say that a few words spoken everyday can possibly change your life.
We’ve been told, time and time again, that what we believe is what we attract.
The mind is also sensitive to what we feed it.
What we accept as truth is what will ultimately play out in our reality. It doesn’t matter if the truth we accept is a positive truth or a negative truth. If we embrace the idea or thought, it shows up in our reality.
How many times have you heard messages such as:
- You will never amount to anything
- You can’t do that
- You should be ashamed of yourself
- Pain before gain
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
Those negative messages that we hear over and over become a part of who we think we are, and they affect us deeply.
The negative messages that we believe, also come from the atmosphere that we grow up in, what we feed ourselves (negative thoughts), and also what we are fed (the negative attitudes and opinions from outside sources).
If what we feed ourselves and what we accept as truth has that much of an impact on us, then it’s best that we start to surround ourselves with all things positive.
That’s where the mantra comes in.
It’s time to start reprogramming some of the beliefs and thoughts that we have picked up along the way and have accepted as truth.
So to answer the question – can your mantra change your life?
The answer is…
But, it’s not just about speaking the mantra. You have to actually embody, believe in, and accept your mantra as truth, before it can actually start to positively affect your life.
You create your life based on what you take in (the information you absorb) and accept as truth. (Tweet This)
A mantra is a key phrase or phrases that represent positive ideas.
The key is to create and use your mantra everyday until you become one with it. In other words, until your conscious mind accepts it as true and you embody the feeling that the positive mantra provides.
You’ll be able to tell when you have successfully accomplished this because your outer world will start to change for the better.
I’ve created 8 Mantras to help with negative patterns of thought.
Choose the mantra that you resonate with, write it down, and repeat the entire thing to yourself 7 times - twice a day.
The ideal times to practice this is right before you go to bed and right when you wake up in the morning. That is when the mind is most receptive to new ideas/thoughts. Be sure and take the time to feel each word that you speak and embrace it as truth.
Here are the mantras.
1. I am where I am. I can be present here. I can receive new insight and inspiration right from where I am. The Infinite is unlimited and can reach me right where I stand.
2. I am learning to open and receive. I like the idea that I can open more to what I desire, and withdraw my attention (slowly) from what is no longer wanted.
3. Easy and steady is the way. I can breathe and feel my way through this phase. I’m alive and I have a purpose. I have a unique way to express, and I will open my heart to the revelation of it.
4. I allow myself the space to learn and accept new truths at my own pace. There is no need to rush. The fact that I am taking my time, means that I care. I care about my life, and will find the best ways to live it.
5. It’s safe to love. It’s safe to explore and come to a new understanding. I allow myself to embrace that which brings me joy, peace, and harmony. I gently release that which is no longer serving me.
6. I can choose whatever path feels right to me. I am on the right path. I am right where I belong. As I give myself permission to explore this path freely, I am moving in the direction of the person I am meant to be.
7. My heart is free. My path is clear. I release any and all thoughts and beliefs that do not match with the freedom I came here to live. I also release any and all thoughts that do not match with the path I came here to travel.
8. I am guided by a higher version of myself. The me that knows what I desire and that also believes it is possible. I trust this higher version of me. I believe in myself.
Well there you have it – 8 Mantras to help with negative thought patterns and negative conditioning.
Remember to choose the one that resonates with you or if you are inspired, just create your own.
If you need help creating your own mantra you can read "50 Feel Good Mantras".
Choose 2 or 3 sentences from that article, write them down to form a complete mantra, and practice the repetition of the complete mantra everyday until you become one with it.
I hope this tool helps you along your journey.
Live Well & Keep Creating!
Did You Enjoy This Article?
If so, be sure to hit like, comment, share, and subscribe to the Spirit & Muse Newsletter. You’ll get the latest blog posts + inspiration + updates sent straight to your inbox.