SDJ Day 9: Your Internal Seasons
Welcome To 21 Days Of Self-Discovery Journaling
These self-discovery journaling sessions are an invitation for you to get to know yourself better, for you to tune into what your heart, body, & mind have to say, and for you to connect with your soul. Here are a few guidelines for you to follow as you commit to each session.
- Try not to judge what you receive
- Write freely & set your inhibitions aside
- Be honest with yourself
- Listen to your inner world and honor what it has to say
- Have fun with these journaling sessions
- Try the alchemy practice at the end of each session (it will help you realign your energy & direct your focus)
For Day 9, You're Encouraged To Tune Into Your Internal Seasons.
What You'll Need
- A Journal or Notebook
- A Pen
- 20 to 25 Minutes Of Free Time
- A Quiet Place To Journal
We have 4 external seasons (summer, winter, spring & fall). For this journaling session, you're encouraged to tune into your internal seasons.
- Write a poem about each of your internal seasons.
- How does your summer feel inside, what emotions are associated with that, how does your external world link with your internal seasons? Write a poem about each of your seasons.
- Don't think about it too much. Allow it to be a free form poem (meaning, just let the words flow, don't filter, don't judge, just allow). It doesn't have to rhyme. You just have to express yourself freely.
- Each season within you brings up emotions and feelings, it links back to certain times of your life, and you can create by tuning into those seasons.
- Give it a try. Be sure to give each poem a title and honor whatever your internal seasons have to offer.
Take Your Journaling A Step Further
- If you want to add a different dimension to this journaling session, create a piece of art or a vision board for your internal seasons (summer, winter, spring, & fall).
- What quotes or words describe how you feel during each season?
- What memories come up when you think of each internal season?
- Be sure to add them to your piece of art.
- You can draw your internal seasons in your journal or get a piece of poster board and paint them. Do whatever you are inspired to do. The whole point of this exercise is to honor your seasons, the emotions that come with them, and the memories/dreams that are tied to them.
- You can even work with beads and create a piece of jewelry for each of your internal seasons. The possibilities are endless. Use your imagination. Ask yourself how this art wants to be brought to life, listen, and then create it.
If any one of your seasons is bringing up emotions that you aren't comfortable with, I want you to rewrite your story.
When you dive into self-discovery, sometimes things may come up that you aren't fond of. It could be memories from the past or characteristics about yourself that make you feel embarrassed or inferior to others. They are your experiences and it's okay to feel however you feel about them.
If they are hindering your progress however, it may be time to do some inner work to change them.
So if you write these poems and negative emotions come up from a past situation or from feelings of sadness/inferiority, tune into your higher-self and rewrite the story. Yes, some things may have happened in the past, but who are you now? Who can you grow to be? What characteristics can you adopt to make sure that situation never happens again? What rituals can you create to help clear your energy field or to help soothe those negative feelings?
Tune into your higher-self, write a poem of empowerment, and then write down all the things you can start to do to move in the direction of your empowered self.
You can find ways to honor what you feel, without letting it consume you.
You do have a wise inner guide that can help you. Tune in and write a poem of empowerment.
I've also created some free Soul Whisper's tracks that can help you along your journey. Feel free to download any of the tracks that you resonate with.
Well There You Have It ~ Day 9 Of Self-Discovery Journaling
If you need help releasing blocks, embracing your path, or aligning with your highest good, a Soul Session may be right for you.
You'll get to work directly with me and my spirit guides to move through your blocks, embrace your path, and move in the direction of your highest good.
You'll get in-depth feedback from my spirit guides, key steps to help you move forward on your journey, and a 10 minute personalized guided meditation (created based on your unique situation). If that sounds like something you're interested in follow me to view the Soul Session details.
Live Well & Keep Creating!
P.S. I would love to hear from you. If you received any "aha" moments or revelations during your journaling session feel free to email me and tell me all about it. I love when people tune in and discover more than they expected.
Did You Enjoy This Article?
If so, be sure to hit like, comment, share, and subscribe to the Spirit & Muse Newsletter. You’ll get the latest blog posts + inspiration + updates sent straight to your inbox.