SDJ Day 8: Pathways To Your Heart
Welcome To 21 Days Of Self-Discovery Journaling
These self-discovery journaling sessions are an invitation for you to get to know yourself better, for you to tune into what your heart, body, & mind have to say, and for you to connect with your soul. Here are a few guidelines for you to follow as you commit to each session.
- Try not to judge what you receive
- Write freely & set your inhibitions aside
- Be honest with yourself
- Listen to your inner world and honor what it has to say
- Have fun with these journaling sessions
- Try the alchemy practice at the end of each session (it will help you realign your energy & direct your focus)
For Day 8, You're Encouraged To Tune Into The Pathways To Your Heart.
What You'll Need
- A Journal or Notebook
- A Pen
- 20 to 25 Minutes Of Free Time
- A Quiet Place To Journal
- Take a few minutes to tune into your heart space. There are some people, things from the past, activities, artistic expressions, and different things that have carved a path to your heart. What are they?
- Who are the people that make you feel comfortable being yourself? What activities can you do all day that make you feel joyful? What settles your spirit and makes you come alive? Are there words, quotes, books, or movies that have made a difference in your life? Those are all pathways to your heart.
- They are the things that make you feel appreciative to be alive, they are the people that you can spend your time with and let your guard down around, they are the things that you can do for hours, and the things that bring you joy.
- Write them all down.
- If you have trouble coming up with a list of things, just write down one thing and write down why it's a pathway to your heart. For example, if you say your son, write down why. What experiences have you had with him? What does he do that makes you smile? How does he make you feel?
- Anytime you need a pick-me-up, go back to this journaling session and remind yourself of the things that bring you joy and that hold a space in your heart.
Take Your Journaling A Step Further
- If you want to add a different dimension to this journaling session, bring the pathways to your heart alive visually.
- Create a piece of art showing the pathways to your heart. It can be a vision board with all the things that you love or that bring you joy. You can draw a heart in the center of a piece of paper and then draw all the things around it that hold a space in your heart.
- Add color to it and different elements (beads, stickers, flowers, etc) to bring this piece of art to life visually.
- Be sure to place the art piece somewhere that you can see it. Everytime you look at it, you'll be reminded of all the things that you love and that bring you joy. That's a great state of being to be in.
If you're having a difficult time coming up with a list of people, places, and experiences that have brought you joy, you can try this instead.
- What would you like to experience?
- What would bring you joy?
- What do you want to feel?
Instead of struggling trying to find things that you're joyful about (when the feeling of joy may not be there), write a list of experiences and feelings that you would like to have. What do you need? What would make your heart feel at ease.
Try that instead.
Don't underestimate the power of writing this stuff down and tuning into what your heart needs.
Life can rearrange itself to fit what you desire. You just have to trust that there are several pathways to get you to what you need and to the experiences that you would love to have. Honor those things (if only for just a few moments), by writing them down.
Well There You Have It ~ Day 8 Of Self-Discovery Journaling
If you need help releasing blocks, embracing your path, or tune into your heart-space more, a Soul Session may be right for you.
You'll get to work directly with me and my spirit guides to move through your blocks, embrace your path, and move in the direction of your highest good.
You'll get in-depth feedback from my spirit guides, key steps to help you move forward on your journey, and a 10 minute personalized guided meditation (created based on your unique situation). If that sounds like something you're interested in follow me to view the Soul Session details.
Live Well & Keep Creating!
P.S. I would love to hear from you. If you received any "aha" moments or revelations during your journaling session feel free to email me and tell me all about it. I love when people tune in and discover more than they expected.
Did You Enjoy This Article?
If so, be sure to hit like, comment, share, and subscribe to the Spirit & Muse Newsletter. You’ll get the latest blog posts + inspiration + updates sent straight to your inbox.