SDJ Day 5: A Scene From Your Future
Welcome To 21 Days Of Self-Discovery Journaling
These self-discovery journaling sessions are an invitation for you to get to know yourself better, for you to tune into what your heart, body, & mind have to say, and for you to connect with your soul. Here are a few guidelines for you to follow as you commit to each session.
- Try not to judge what you receive
- Write freely & set your inhibitions aside
- Be honest with yourself
- Listen to your inner world and honor what it has to say
- Have fun with these journaling sessions
- Try the alchemy practice at the end of each session (it will help you realign your energy & direct your focus)
For Day 5, You're Encouraged To Tune Into A Scene From Your Future.
What You'll Need
- A Journal or Notebook
- A Pen
- 20 to 25 Minutes Of Free Time
- A Quiet Place To Journal
- Take a few moments to think about something you really desire for your life. It could be a goal that you want to reach, something you would like to experience, or a glimpse into the person you want to become.
- Once you've tuned into what that desire is, pick a scene that represents that future moment. Just get a snapshot of the scene in your head.
- Once you're ready, start to write all about it.
- Who's there with you, what are you doing, how do you feel? In other words, what are you looking forward to experiencing in your future and what does a scene from that moment in time look like?
- Don't hold back. You can add who you would like to see there, what you're wearing, and any other details.
- The purpose of this journaling session is to connect to what vision brings you joy. Positive focus on your goals and dreams goes a long way. So take the time to tune into what's inspiring you.
Take Your Journaling A Step Further
- If you're inspired to this part, go right ahead and do it. Start a section in your journal called "Things I Am Going To Experience". Write down all the things that you would like to see or experience in your life.
- Anytime you see something that you like or think of an experience that you would like to have, write it down in that section of your journal. As you go through life, you'll see that you start to line up with those things in the strangest ways.
- Once you've experienced each thing, highlight it and put a star next to it. It's a great way to keep track of all the good things that you've experienced, and it shows that you set an intention and it came to fruition.
It's not enough sometimes to just write your desires down.
Read "Your Dreams Need Your Help" for more guidance.
Sometimes, it's alot of fun, but you leave with the feeling of "what can this exercise do for me" or "there's no way I'll reach that goal".
If you are feeling that way after this journaling session, I want you to try this practice. Think about your goal and then write a list of everything that's in the way of that goal. Don't hold back. Write down every reason why you think that goal cannot be attained.
Whatever is on that list, is exactly what is blocking you from moving forward. The blocks that you hold in your mind stop the inspiration/action from happening because you don't believe it's worth the effort anyway.
You may feel good about it at first, you may love to envision it, but if you're leaving with the feeling that it's impossible, you're not going to be very motivated to even try to invite that experience into your life.
Your heart's desires aren't going to go away. So you might as well do your part in shifting your beliefs about them.
After you've written down all of the reason why you can't get to that goal or why you don't believe it's possible for you, I want you to tune into your higher-self and coach yourself through each negative response.
If a friend came to you with that same goal, and they told you all the reasons why it wasn't possible for them to achieve that goal, what would you say to help them? How would you respond to them? What advice would you give?
Do that same thing for yourself.
Tune into the part of yourself that believes it is possible and begin to challenge each of your negative responses.
Shift each response. Start to remove some of the blocks in your thinking and it will free up space to receive new inspiration and motivation to move in the direction of your dreams.
Well There You Have It ~ Day 5 Of Self-Discovery Journaling
If you need help releasing blocks, embracing your path, or taking steps to follow your dreams, a Soul Session may be right for you.
You'll get to work directly with me and my spirit guides to move through your blocks, embrace your path, and move in the direction of your highest good.
You'll get in-depth feedback from my spirit guides, key steps to help you move forward on your journey, and a 10 minute personalized guided meditation (created based on your unique situation). If that sounds like something you're interested in follow me to view the Soul Session details.
Live Well & Keep Creating!
P.S. I would love to hear from you. If you received any "aha" moments or revelations during your journaling session feel free to email me and tell me all about it. I love when people tune in and discover more than they expected.
Did You Enjoy This Article?
If so, be sure to hit like, comment, share, and subscribe to the Spirit & Muse Newsletter. You’ll get the latest blog posts + inspiration + updates sent straight to your inbox.