Self-Discovery Journaling Day 16: Your Spirit Animal
Welcome To 21 Days Of Self-Discovery Journaling
These self-discovery journaling sessions are an invitation for you to get to know yourself better, for you to tune into what your heart, body, & mind have to say, and for you to connect with your soul. Here are a few guidelines for you to follow as you commit to each session.
- Try not to judge what you receive
- Write freely & set your inhibitions aside
- Be honest with yourself
- Listen to your inner world and honor what it has to say
- Have fun with these journaling sessions
- Try the alchemy practice at the end of each session (it will help you realign your energy & direct your focus)
For Day 16, You're Encouraged To Tune Into Your Spirit Animal.
What You'll Need
- A Journal or Notebook
- A Pen
- 20 to 25 Minutes Of Free Time
- A Quiet Place To Journal
- For this journaling session you're going to be writing about the animal or animals that you connect with most.
- Whatever you find beautiful in them, also resides in you. So pick an animal or two that you really connect with and start to journal about what you admire about them. What qualities do they have that draws you to them? What makes them beautiful to you? What do you associate with the animal or animals?
- Be sure to also write down how you have embraced or neglected the animal's qualities in your life.
- If you want to explore the spirit of your chosen animal or animals a little more, research their qualities online and see what else the animal represents. For example, the animals I connect with the most are white tigers, black panthers, and hummingbirds. So I would search white tiger symbolism or black panther animal totem online. Do a little research and see what else you discover.
Take Your Journaling A Step Further
- If you want to add a different dimension to this journaling session, go ahead a create a collage or vision board of the animal/animals that you connect with the most. They represent your spirit ~ so be sure to add powerful words to your vision board, colors, and unique sayings that help you embody that animal's spirit.
- Be sure to display the art somewhere where you can see it daily or scan the collage so that you can view the photo of it daily. It will remind you of your spirit, best qualities, and your creative ability.
If you're having a difficult time embodying the energy of your spirit animal, try this...
Create an affirmation including 3 quality traits of your spirit animal and write it down each day. Be sure to also speak the affirmation out loud to yourself each day.
For example, if you chose the hummingbird, you can take its qualities and write an affirmation like this...
I am playful, independent, and am free to take in the joy of life!
You would fill one page of a composition notebook with that affirmation each day. Just write it over and over and over again, until you begin to embody its energy, and then after you're done writing it each day, speak it out loud several times until you feel yourself becoming one with it.
They are your qualities and they are waiting to be expressed. Writing down your affirmations, speaking them, and embodying their energy is the key.
Well There You Have It ~ Day 16 Of Self-Discovery Journaling
If you need help releasing blocks, embracing your path, or revealing your true spirit, a Soul Session may be right for you.
You'll get to work directly with me and my spirit guides to move through your blocks, embrace your path, and move in the direction of your highest good.
You'll get in-depth feedback from my spirit guides, key steps to help you move forward on your journey, and a 10 minute personalized guided meditation (created based on your unique situation). If that sounds like something you're interested in follow me to view the Soul Session details.
Live Well & Keep Creating!
P.S. I would love to hear from you. If you received any "aha" moments or revelations during your journaling session feel free to email me and tell me all about it. I love when people tune in and discover more than they expected.
Did You Enjoy This Article?
If so, be sure to hit like, comment, share, and subscribe to the Spirit & Muse Newsletter. You’ll get the latest blog posts + inspiration + updates sent straight to your inbox.