Self-Discovery Journaling Day 14: Your Belief Systems
Welcome To 21 Days Of Self-Discovery Journaling
These self-discovery journaling sessions are an invitation for you to get to know yourself better, for you to tune into what your heart, body, & mind have to say, and for you to connect with your soul. Here are a few guidelines for you to follow as you commit to each session.
- Try not to judge what you receive
- Write freely & set your inhibitions aside
- Be honest with yourself
- Listen to your inner world and honor what it has to say
- Have fun with these journaling sessions
- Try the alchemy practice at the end of each session (it will help you realign your energy & direct your focus)
For Day 14, You're Encouraged To Tune Into Your Belief Systems.
What You'll Need
- A Journal or Notebook
- A Pen
- 25 to 30 Minutes Of Free Time
- A Quiet Place To Journal
- For this journaling prompt, you'll be tuning into your belief systems. Your beliefs are the ideas that you hold inside about yourself and the world. Some of the beliefs that you have, you're going to want to keep. They ignite your spirit and fuel you. Some of the beliefs that you have, you're going to want to discard them and create new ones.
- Start to write down what you believe about yourself. Who are you? What do you believe you are capable of? What do you believe about the following areas of your life (money, love, connection, being a female & what's expected of you, what you can and can't do, etc). Write them all down.
- Be sure to number each item as you're writing down the list.
- When you're done writing out your list, go down the list and put a star next to each belief that's a positive belief. Then go down the list and put an X next to each belief that's a negative belief. The negative beliefs will be the ones that dampen your spirit when you think about them.
- You're going to be taking those negative beliefs and transforming them into something new. Check out the alchemy practice below.
Take Your Journaling A Step Further
- If you want to add another dimension to your journaling session, you can draw a picture with you in the center of the page and write all of your beliefs around the picture. You can start each sentence with I AM, or LIFE IS, or LOVE IS. Once your done filling the page with your beliefs, highlight all of the statements that are positive with a yellow highlighter and cross out all of the statements that are negative with a black marker.
- See how much space is taken up with negative beliefs and how much is taken up with positive beliefs. How do you feel about the picture in the end? Are there some things that you would like to change or do you have any "aha" moments. Be sure to journal about anything new that you discover.
Take a look at all of the items that you put an X next to on your "beliefs" list. You're going to be taking those beliefs and transforming them one by one.
Read the statement out loud and then take a separate sheet of paper and write what you would like to believe instead. Do this step for each and every one of the beliefs that you put an X next to.
Once your down writing down the list, pick one or two statements that evoke the most emotion.
Which ones do you feel are affecting you the most? Create a positive affirmation out of the statement of what "you would like to believe instead." For example if you have a belief that money doesn't grow on trees and you would like to believe that you should have access to what you need when you need it, create a positive affirmation out of that new idea.
- Example, your new affirmation will be something like this: I'm gaining access to what I need when I need it.
Write that affirmation down daily (preferrably at the start of each day).
Fill the page of a composition notebook with that phrase each day until you start to feel yourself ease up in that area. You'll know when it's time to stop writing the affirmation because you'll feel easier about the subject altogether.
You can then go back to your original list and work on the other beliefs. Be sure to use the process anytime you need to change a belief.
Well There You Have It ~ Day 14 Of Self-Discovery Journaling
If you need help releasing blocks, embracing your path, or cultivating new beliefs, a Soul Session may be right for you.
You'll get to work directly with me and my spirit guides to move through your blocks, embrace your path, and move in the direction of your highest good.
You'll get in-depth feedback from my spirit guides, key steps to help you move forward on your journey, and a 10 minute personalized guided meditation (created based on your unique situation). If that sounds like something you're interested in follow me to view the Soul Session details.
Live Well & Keep Creating!
P.S. I would love to hear from you. If you received any "aha" moments or revelations during your journaling session feel free to email me and tell me all about it. I love when people tune in and discover more than they expected.
Did You Enjoy This Article?
If so, be sure to hit like, comment, share, and subscribe to the Spirit & Muse Newsletter. You’ll get the latest blog posts + inspiration + updates sent straight to your inbox.